Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead Iphone, help?

Iphone 4s, used to work perfectly before I bought a newer model and stored it back in it's box.
Does not turn on, does not charge, does not get recognized by itunes.
Reset not responding, with or without charger so neither does DFU mode.

Opened the back cover real quick, stickers still white so no water damage,

Everything inside looks alright even though i'm far from an expert.

If anybody knows any solution, I'll personally come to you for a firm handshake and friendly hug haha..
If not, so be it, thanks anywayz guys.

(Not sure what IOS it had though, it's been too long... so i think like IOS 7'ish...)

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 11:09 AM

Conventional wisdom is to store such items with a 50% charge and bring it back up to that state occasionally. If phone's battery was depleted when put in to storage it may have discharged too much and not recoverable. How long has it been since the phone was last used?

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:14 AM in response to pogster

pogster wrote:

Conventional wisdom is to store such items with a 50% charge and bring it back up to that state occasionally. If phone's battery was depleted when put in to storage it may have discharged too much and not recoverable. How long has it been since the phone was last used?

*ahem*

DenBranne wrote:

Mar 6, 2015 11:23 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

pogster wrote:

*ahem*

DenBranne wrote:

No need to ahem. We don't have to be quite so anal-retentive about it. If the Hosts want to edit the post they are more than welcome to do so.

Mar 6, 2015 1:48 PM in response to pogster

I really don't know much about Apple devices sadly but I've been reading alot of support threads to learn more, so thanks for learning me something new haha.

Yea it's been at least 6-7 months since last time I really used it.
If it truely is unrecoverable, then so be it. Atleast I can avoid it in the future now thx

I even saw a video of a guy schocking something inside his phone to get it to turn on, but that's way too extreme stuff for me hahaha.

Could I just store it to use as spare parts? Cuz I had 2 Iphones but gave 1 to my dad, though he's kinda clumsy...

Thanks again

Dead Iphone, help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.