Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictation In Greek - problem in iPhone 5s

Since the latest upgrade to 8.1.3 the dictation in Greek stopped working. It does not recognize anything, I am saying. It works in English.

before upgrade it was working great.

The problem is in iPhone 5s.

thanks.

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 11:20 AM

7 replies

Mar 10, 2015 3:03 PM in response to DiHou

Hello! Anyone else with the same problem?

It is very annoying problem. I used to use the dictation in Greek all the time. now even after the latest update the problem remains. I can not use it at all.

i tried many fixes like resetting all settings, deactivate / activate dictation, rebooting iphone. Nothing solved the problem permanent.

any ideas?

thanks.

D.

Sep 4, 2015 3:31 AM in response to DiHou

So, here is what I've noticed. The problem exists only when you are in Greece. When abroad, dication works perfectly. This was evident in countries which recently visited like US, Hungary, Italy and UK. It doen't seem so to be a problem with the carrier - I use Vodafone - because the problem exists in Greece when I am using Wi-fi, but with my iPhone only. On the other hand my ipad which has no GPRS connection - works only with WiFi via internet - works OK. I asked my carrier Vodafone, but they responded that this wasn't their problem. Abroad dictation works perfectly both in 3G/4G and internet connection via WiFi. So there must a problem - carrier settings ? - with Iphone only in the area of Greece. Any help?

Dictation In Greek - problem in iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.