Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up tap tempo in Logic Pro X?

How do I set up tap tempo in pro X? I found a vid on youtube but I don't see tempo interpreter in the edit/tempo tab.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:43 PM

4 replies

Mar 7, 2015 2:59 AM in response to BK56

You have to set up a shortcut key. I believe the manual says Shift-t. However, at some point apple must have changed key mapping and currently Shift-t is used for "Rename Take or Comp". I used Shift-Option-Command-T. Once you assign the shortcut key you just continually press the key command. So with my assignment I hold Shift-Option-Command while continually pressing T. The first time you use the key command I believe LPX will pop up a dialog box asking you if you want to use tap tempo.

However, tap tempo did not work for me prior to the most recent update. It does appear to be working in LPX 10.1.1.

There does seem to be some limitations though. It will actually change the tempo when set to bar 1. However, it does not appear to change the tempo anywhere else. However, it will play at the tapped tempo when not on bar 1. You will have to view the tempo it starts playing at and manually add a tempo change in the tempo track.

How do I set up tap tempo in Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.