Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i know if i need a new battery in my iPad 2

My iPad 2 won't charge. How do I tell if it is the battery, cord or software?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:24 PM

Try a different charger. If the battery does not hold a charge then you need to replace it. If you use the device on battery a lot, and it's two or more years old, then the battery is probably failing.

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:06 PM in response to JimMcNett

If the wall charger seems not to work try using a different wall charger. Remember that an iPad with a completely drained battery will not respond right away after plugging into a wall charger. Wait 30 minutes then reset the iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot. If the iPad restarts let the batter continue to charge until it is at 100%. If the iPad does not start up and you are sure the cable and charger are good, make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

how do i know if i need a new battery in my iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.