Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage problem

For some reason, my iPhone usage shows I have 1,7 gb of data in Photo Library, while I only have 264 photos. Can anyone help me, how can I free that actually unused space?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:30 PM

You will have to back up your iPhone and then erase all contents on the phone.

Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. That is after you have done a back up. Either on iCloud or on iTunes via your computer. Once everything is erase, it goes back to factory reset and then you have to set the phone up from the beginning and when you get to the part of restoring you can either choose to restore from iCloud or iTunes. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 12:30 PM in response to P€tra

You will have to back up your iPhone and then erase all contents on the phone.

Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. That is after you have done a back up. Either on iCloud or on iTunes via your computer. Once everything is erase, it goes back to factory reset and then you have to set the phone up from the beginning and when you get to the part of restoring you can either choose to restore from iCloud or iTunes. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Storage problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.