Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad2

Ipad2 is not showing anything in my mail account - it seems to be frozen and cannot refresh. It kicks back to the home screen. The mail app is showing the number of new emails and I can hear the notification ping but cannot view any content whether it be new, old, sent, trash, etc. Have tried deleting and reinstating email account, as well as resetting ipad - nothing works. What should I do?

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 12:12 PM

Hello ombrettafromgormley,

It seems you are having issues using the Mail app on your iPad. In your post you mentioned resetting your iPad, and that is a good step. Just to make sure we're on the same page, the article below explains the difference between restarting and resetting. I've you have not performed a reset using the method listed below, you may want to consider it:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to restart

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

How to reset

• You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it.
  • To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2015 12:12 PM in response to ombrettafromgormley

Hello ombrettafromgormley,

It seems you are having issues using the Mail app on your iPad. In your post you mentioned resetting your iPad, and that is a good step. Just to make sure we're on the same page, the article below explains the difference between restarting and resetting. I've you have not performed a reset using the method listed below, you may want to consider it:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to restart

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

How to reset

• You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it.
  • To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

ipad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.