Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need remove my number from iMessage and Facetime

iPhone 5

iOS 8.1.3

I need to remove my phone number from iMessage and Facetime, what I mean is that when I restore my iPhone after entering my Apple ID leaves me can contact me via iMessage and Facetime with my phone number and my two email addresses, but just let me get my email address but my phone number is grayed out and will not let me remove it. In simpler words what I need is that the next time you restore my iPhone when you get there do not include my phone number.

Excuse my English but only speak Spanish and use a translator online

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:07 PM

7 replies

Mar 6, 2015 2:34 PM in response to MATiASc6

You can't remove your number from iMessage and FaceTime, instead you can do one thing. If you don't want to share your mobile number, you can start conversation with your email ID. Please check it our this link for more information iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

I hope this helped you.

Mar 6, 2015 2:45 PM in response to damaag

dammag:

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Well I went to Settings> Messages> Send & Received

I have this in there:

User uploaded file

As shown in the picture my number is gray without the possibility of removing the symbol √

Well now because my interest to remove my phone number is very simple whenever you restore my iPhone Facetime and iMessage and activated my company charge me to send the message to an international number from Apple and honestly do not want to pay more for that message that's why I just want to remove my number I do not want to appear more there has to be some way to do it.

Michael Black:

I just do not care to use Facetime and iMessage just want to remove my number should be a way to do it.

Mar 7, 2015 1:41 PM in response to Yashaskar

Yashaskar

What you mention me and I try but still I keep coming surplus for this reason is why I need to remove my number from my Apple ID, just not as this more associated with my Apple ID that is what I need, not if existira somehow contact Apple via email to ask if they can do what I need.

I need remove my number from iMessage and Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.