Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost emails and strange emails received.

All emails disappeared on my ipad air. Second occurrence today. Just prior to losing all mails, I received a dozen or more email marked No Sender, No Content, and a delivery date of 12/31/69. Any ideas on how to recover?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:23 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:30 PM in response to JRL174

Try turning the account off and on and see if those emails still show : Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars , then tap the account on the right, slide Mail to 'off', exit settings and go back into the Mail app, and then go back to Settings and slide Mail back to 'on'

If that doesn't work then try closing the Mail app via the iPad’s multitasking bar : double-click the home button to open the taskbar and then swipe or drag the Mail app's 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

And do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

And when you re-open the app see if the 31/12/69 emails have disappeared.

Mar 6, 2015 1:19 PM in response to King_Penguin

Some are still on the server and will come off when downloaded to my desktop machine at home. Some have been off the server for months.

It's a POP account, from what I remember. I'd really like to know why this keeps happening. All my "Apple loving friends" have bragged for years about how great Apple machines are. This loss of email on two occasions has me unimpressed. This never happened on my IBM/Microsoft devices. HMMM!

Lost emails and strange emails received.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.