Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mixing audio on the fly. Can it be done?

I apologize for my ignorance on this issue. Here goes. I edit a weekly hour long sports program with various audio elements and would love to mix these in real time. Sure, I can go back and keyframe every little element but there has to be a better way. I would think. I doubt if there is a method in FCP X but I often wondered if it can be done in Logic? Export the project into Logic, mix it, then export it back out? I really have no idea but some thoughts from the support community would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Tom

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 3 GHz 8-Core with 32 GB Ram

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:09 PM

There is no mixer in FCPX as there was in FCP7. If you want to use the faders and record the settings live, you need a digital audio workstation app. I have never used Logic, sorry, dunno if it has that capability or not. Should. If you're using a mouse, you can only use one fader at a time unless you have a control surface or know how to do subgrouping and the patching required to nest the tracks you want to control.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Thomas Whaley

There is no mixer in FCPX as there was in FCP7. If you want to use the faders and record the settings live, you need a digital audio workstation app. I have never used Logic, sorry, dunno if it has that capability or not. Should. If you're using a mouse, you can only use one fader at a time unless you have a control surface or know how to do subgrouping and the patching required to nest the tracks you want to control.

Mixing audio on the fly. Can it be done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.