Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Mac mini has equivalent power (hardware wise) to a Macbook Pro i7 Core mid-2012 non retina laptop?

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am interested to know which Mac mini has the power equivalence to a MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.9GHz 13" Mid-2012' non retina's Specs?

Macbook Pro Specs here:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.9- 13-mid-2012-unibody-usb3-specs.html

My 2012 Macbook Pro was sadly stolen from my university's dorm room at UCLA. I am now looking again to buy another Apple Mac product. I specifically would like to buy a Mac Mini, since I believe it will fit my needs.

Any comments are greatly appreciated, thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:11 PM

7 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:03 PM in response to Techinspace

Given they all run at closely similar clock times I would expect similar or relatively close performance from either the i7 MBPs and i7 upgraded Minis from the same production periods. They both have similar hardware and similar CPUs. The upper-end MBPs, however, may have better GPUs - something you should check. Minis all use integrated graphics. MBPs of 2012 and on are all Retina models except for one 2012 MBP model. All 13" models use integrated graphics only. The 15" models all have an additional discrete GPU.

Mar 6, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Techinspace

There is no 2013 Mac Min

Your MacBook seems to only have a dual-core I7 with integral Intel HD4000 gtaphics.

The 2012 Mac Mini i7 is a quad core with Intel HD 4000 graphics

The 2011 i7 Mini has a dual core the standard i7 Mini and a quad core for the sever model.

The 2102 i7 Mini may be faster than your MacBook unless the MacBook has an SSD. It depends upon what yo are running.

The 2011 Mini may be a little faster or slower depending upon the model 2011

What Mac mini has equivalent power (hardware wise) to a Macbook Pro i7 Core mid-2012 non retina laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.