Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting spinning wheel when I open iPhoto and cannot access pictures. What should i do?

I have an iMac OS X Yosemite 2.66 ghz. I have iphoto 9.6. When I open iPhoto I am see the list down the side but all I am getting is a spinning wheel and I cannot access pictures. Any suggestions on how I can fix this. I did try the repair permissions but nothing happened. It does say to backup your library before doing this but I wasn't quite sure how I do that. I do have time machine so I am guess that would be my backup.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:51 PM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:24 PM in response to rosefromst. marys

But the one library will not open.

Is this library on the same disk as the other libraries that will open or on another drive? What happened, since you could last open the library? Did iPhoto crash? Did you import new photos? Has the library been created by a different iPhoto version?

If repair permissions did not help, try the other repair/rebuild options as well. Don't rebuild without having a backup copy.

I am getting spinning wheel when I open iPhoto and cannot access pictures. What should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.