Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starbucks app and GPS usage

I recently noticed that my GPS symbol never went away on my iPhone. After looking at the location services data I learned that the Starbucks app was keeping the GPS symbol on constantly. The moment I turned off location services for that app the symbol went away.

Is anyone else having this behavior on the Starbucks app? If I let it use location services, is it draining more battery? I hate having the symbol on all the time, if it's on all the time, then it has not meaning.

Any insight is appreciated.

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:37 PM

8 replies

Mar 13, 2015 7:34 AM in response to TRICKorDEVICE

I have exactly the same issue, noticed after my battery charge was disappearing rather quickly!

I killed all apps and rebooted the phone but it just stayed stuck on even though not running.

I've switched off location services for the Starbucks app (under Settings > Privacy > Location Services) and it goes away.

Phone is an iPhone 5 on iOS 8.1.2. Starbucks app is 3.2.2 and was updated nearly 3 weeks ago but last used about 3 days ago and I only noticed battery drain issue today.

Apr 25, 2015 7:03 PM in response to antonye

I had the same issue. It seemed to start when I set several stores as my "favorites" to make paying easier. I think the phone keeps looking to see if I am near the stores so it can display my passbook Starbucks entry. As with others, once I turned off the location services to the app, the problem went away.

Starbucks app and GPS usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.