Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Recieve messages on iPad unless I'm already in conversation, looked at my settings and noticed that the Send and Recieve is showing email and not my phone number. What do I tap on to change this ?

When receiving messages I am only able to get them on my iPhone 6+ but not my iPad 3 unless I am already in conversation on my iPad. Went to my settings and checked my Send and Recieve and it's showing my email address instead of phone number. How do I make the switch from email to phone number? There is nothing thats letting me make the switch. Don't know if that is the problem

iPad

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Settings>Messages>Send & Receive at>You can be reached by iMessages at. If your iPhone number appears in there, select it as your contact address, if it isn't in there, you will have to link the nimumber to messages.

Read the last part of this kb article. That section pertains to iOS devices.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 3:15 PM in response to crowngem

Settings>Messages>Send & Receive at>You can be reached by iMessages at. If your iPhone number appears in there, select it as your contact address, if it isn't in there, you will have to link the nimumber to messages.

Read the last part of this kb article. That section pertains to iOS devices.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Can't Recieve messages on iPad unless I'm already in conversation, looked at my settings and noticed that the Send and Recieve is showing email and not my phone number. What do I tap on to change this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.