Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No services avaliable

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03

Hi

I recently bought a domain (www.tamasspark.info) from godaddy, and I set up a host name for my MacBook with them (mbp.tamasspark.info). I then configured Server app to have the hostname, but when I go into the Server app, it says 'This server's host name resolves to an IP address that does not match this server' .I have refreshed it many times, but it still does it.

The main server page says my server is reachable at 58.166.44.127, but no services are available. I only want to host a website. Please Help

Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 2:29 AM

Hi tamas999.

mbp.tamasspark.info points to IP address 50.63.202.33 that is different from 58.166.44.127, the IP address you see in Server.app.

Presuming 58.166.44.127 is a static IP address, you must change the mbp.tamasspark.info assignment with the correct IP.

I also guess your MacBook Pro is behind a firewall. If that is the case you must forward port 80 to the internal static IP address assigned to your MacBook Pro.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2015 2:29 AM in response to tamas999

Hi tamas999.

mbp.tamasspark.info points to IP address 50.63.202.33 that is different from 58.166.44.127, the IP address you see in Server.app.

Presuming 58.166.44.127 is a static IP address, you must change the mbp.tamasspark.info assignment with the correct IP.

I also guess your MacBook Pro is behind a firewall. If that is the case you must forward port 80 to the internal static IP address assigned to your MacBook Pro.

Mar 7, 2015 4:52 AM in response to tamas999

I have the same issue. Although my website is available outside my LAN via the Internet it does not approach as an available service in Reachability. My IP in Reachability and the external IP match and I have port forwarding correct (otherwise my site would not be available, yet in reachability it always reports "No Services available"

The only service I can get to appear is SSH, which I turned off because I was constantly getting hit with hacker login attempts. I wanted it on for SFTP, but the constant login attempts got me a bit worried.

Mar 7, 2015 11:06 AM in response to tamas999

Stupid question but just to be sure: Is the web site service activated and configured to run your web site? Even if the server has a matching IP address, correct hostname and NAT is configured in the firewall the web site service has to be configured and started so that Apache (the web server) is actually answering incoming traffic and servering your web site to vistiors.

Mar 7, 2015 11:10 AM in response to Kraftwerk

A tip: Set your firewall to use another port than the regular SSH port, e g 666 (only used for an old game), and point to the regular port on the inside (22). That way you get rid of the regular not so skilled but many attempts. It's not enough to be totally safe but it cuts away a good portion of attempts.

Good FTP clients allow you to choose port to use so you only have to communicate the correct port to the legit uses. If you want to access your server with SSH you can use "ssh -p666 >user name>@<domainname>" if you use port 666.

No services avaliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.