Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi won't work on MacBook Pro, but works on MacBook Air and iPad

Hey guys,

My WiFi on my MacBook Pro is not working. I see the exclamation mark and if I click on it I got the "No Internet Connection message. I didn't change anything on the router but just of a sudden the WiFi stopped working. I have another MacBook Air and works fine there, as well as on my iPad.

I've run the Wireless Diagnostics but it doesn't help at all. It creates just a report, which is not useful:

• Review Wi-Fi Best Practices - this looks like the basics
  • Crowded Wi-Fi channel - I reseted the Wi-Fi and the good thing is that it used to work a few days ago...
  • LAN Connectivity Failure - I already restarted my wireless router

Results?? I keep getting the same issue "No Internet connection"..

Before you ask me:

• Model identifies: MacBookPro11,2
  • OS X 10.10.2

Thanks and let me know what I can do, this is quite terrible.

Cheers,

Carles

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Usually you would delete your network setting from system preferences network. That would include going to advanced and airport deleting preferred networks and in DNS delete any thing except your router IP. In the advanced under airport make sure you have remember networks this computer has joined checked.go to close network and preferences. Then go to keychain access and delete your keychain for your wifi network. Then go to the wifi icon at the top right and rejoin the network. You could also try in airport advanced tcp/ip click on renew dhcp lease.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Carles P

Usually you would delete your network setting from system preferences network. That would include going to advanced and airport deleting preferred networks and in DNS delete any thing except your router IP. In the advanced under airport make sure you have remember networks this computer has joined checked.go to close network and preferences. Then go to keychain access and delete your keychain for your wifi network. Then go to the wifi icon at the top right and rejoin the network. You could also try in airport advanced tcp/ip click on renew dhcp lease.

My wifi won't work on MacBook Pro, but works on MacBook Air and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.