Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JPEG Sync

iTunes 12.1 on Windows 7 with SP1 + latest patches, iPad Air (1st gen) running iOS 8.1.2.

I'm having a problem syncing JPG photos taken with my DSLR camera. Never had any problem syncing when I was using iTunes 11 and iOS 7.1.2. I just upgraded iOS to 8.1.2 recently and I also upgraded iTunes to 12.1.0. Since the upgrades, some of my JPG photos can't sync any longer. Here's what I got in the log:

[3976 @ Mon Mar 02 22:13:45 2015] [com.apple.coregraphics iTunes] Function ImageIO: <ERROR> JPEG

There is 1 entry for every JPG photos that fail to sync to the iPad. Approximately 25 out of 900 photos that I sync fail to sync. I have tried deleting iPad photo cache (a folder in Windows 7) and resync. Cache folder gets recreated but it didn't fix the problem.

I upgraded iTunes to version 12.1.1 (the latest as of now). I still can't sync some of my JPG photos (those 25 photos do not exist on my iPad device). Resizing the photos (smaller size) does not resolve it. I have googled the error message. Can't find anything that helps me fix the problem. One thing I have not tried is delete the cache after upgrading to 12.1.1 and resync. I will try that later when I have a chance. I won't hold my breath though.

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:26 PM

There are no replies.

JPEG Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.