Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My finder on my Macbook Pro keeps freezing. I have relaunced, turned off and zap the PRAM. No luck. I did just install the new Yosemite upgrade. Help

I have a Macbook Pro 4yrs old. I just installed the new Yosemite upgrade. My finder keeps freezing. I have relaunched, turned the computer off and zappe

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:05 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 3:11 PM in response to Lsnsue

Try deleting the com.apple.finder.plist file located in the /Home/Library/Preferences/ folder and the com.apple.finder cache folder in /Home/Library/Caches/.

Exposing the /Home/Library/ Folder

Pick one of the following methods:

A. This method will make the folder visible permanently. Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder and paste the following at the command prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

B. Click on the Desktop, press the OPTION (⌥) button, select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

C. Select Go To Folder from the Finder's Go menu. Paste the following in the path field:

~/Library

Press the Go button.

My finder on my Macbook Pro keeps freezing. I have relaunced, turned off and zap the PRAM. No luck. I did just install the new Yosemite upgrade. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.