Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring phone numbers via bluetooth

I have purchased a Panasonic Bluetooth phone set and there is supposed to be a way to transfer email addresses from my 5S to it. Most likely would need to figure out a way to send a directory. The landline phone is model KX-TGE272S

How may this be done? I have gotten it as far as being ready to receive, but their tech support says you have to do the transfer.

anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:17 PM

As far as I remember, this is not supported between iPhones and other smartphones.

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 2:28 PM in response to Ingo2711

I have found some other discussions that seem to imply this is possible. Your answer puzzles me since you write "between IPhones and other smartphones" unless you mean the panasonic land line?

The technique as I understand it is to first make a backup of your whole address book. Then delete all the addresses you do not want to transfer. Also,remove all images.

The follow the procedure after deleting all others and it should work.

However, I don't know how to temporarily delete all other groups. Does anyone so you don't have to delete each card?

Two reasons to transfer names and phone numbers to the Panasonic phone: one click calling, and when you get a call from them it announces the name. The latter is usually not needed for a land line with call ID functioning.

Mar 6, 2015 2:40 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks, but my hangup for testing at the moment is how to simply delete temporarily addresses in all groups but the one I want to transfer since it appears to be an all at once what ever you have in your addressbook.

The several reports indicate some successes and some only partial transfers, and in any event it takes a long time.

transferring phone numbers via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.