Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unexpected restarts

I have macbook pro mid 2010 I7 8gb Ram, For the past 2 month I experience crashes 9 to 15 times a day with no reason, not on specific software.

Changed my RAM just to be sure. Now I know there is a recall on the MB 2011-2012 concerning the video card and I mention that because I had a recall on my MB in 2012 to change Logic and Video card so my question is do my MB qualify for the new recall because the parts they used are from this period of time ?

I'll call them but I just wanted to have some input before that. thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:41 PM

If your MBP is a 15", model identifier 6.2, be advised that there was a recall on them but the replacement program has expired.

You can have the logic board replaced at your expense.

Or you can download this application:

https://gfx.io/

It will allow you to disengage the discrete GPU and run on only the integrated one. This will eliminate the kernel panics at the expense of GPU performance.

Ciao.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 3:41 PM in response to marsupyan

If your MBP is a 15", model identifier 6.2, be advised that there was a recall on them but the replacement program has expired.

You can have the logic board replaced at your expense.

Or you can download this application:

https://gfx.io/

It will allow you to disengage the discrete GPU and run on only the integrated one. This will eliminate the kernel panics at the expense of GPU performance.

Ciao.

unexpected restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.