Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete emails!

Since updating to IOS8.1.3 on my 4S two days ago, I haven't been able to delete emails. Ive tried to follow the trouble shooting tips but can only get as far as Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars as all of my accounts are greyed out. Ive also noticed that my iCloud account is greyed out too! I plugged my phone into iTunes and attempted to restore the settings but when doing so, I get the error message that Find my iPhone must be turned off... the problem is, I can't log into the app and even deleting it didn't work. Ive managed to log into my iCloud account on my mac and everything seemed fine with it!! Its driving me crazy... can anyone help please??

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:13 PM

7 replies

Mar 7, 2015 10:12 AM in response to Lyndsey4829

Check again for 'Allow Account Changes' towards the bottom of the Restriction page. Also, turning off Find My iPhone doesn't refer to the application by the same name. It refers to the function in Settings > iCloud.

If restrictions are not enabled at all (and you can try turning off restrictions completely to test thoroughly), then check to see if you have an Exchange profile on the device. Do you use the iPhone for work? Do you have a work-related email account on the device?

Mar 7, 2015 10:13 AM in response to Lyndsey4829

But!!! Having come out of there... I went back in, and now all of my accounts are no longer greyed out!! This is brilliant!! I think now I can follow the other trouble shooting tips and figure out what is going on!! I don't know how it changed as I didn't do anything.. other than turn the restrictions off and then on again! Whatever it was.... it worked! Thanks so much 🙂 🙂

I can't delete emails!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.