Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store" Is what i get when I open iTunes.

It also says "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio with configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly."

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 5:34 PM in response to omarfromwimauma

1. See Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support, specifically the section on "Troubleshoot issues in Windows"
  2. Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime (7.7.6) installed. If not, use Apple Software Update to get the latest version, or use the link below. If you have the current version, try:
    • In Windows, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, right-click on the entry for QuickTime and select Repair
    • If this doesn't solve the problem, Control Panel > Programs and Features, right-click on the entry for QuickTime and select Uninstall - then download the current version of QuickTimeand re-install it.

If none of these work see turingtest2's notes on Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - this includes the steps needed to completely remove all components of iTunes and reinstall. Since the second of your issues is almost certainly QuickTime-related, and if you're using a 64-bit edition of Windows, it may be worth installing iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) - like most previous "64-bit" versions of iTunes, this is a 32-bit application with a 64-bit installer, and has been reported to solve a number of issues with playback, QuickTime compatibility, and integration with third-party products.

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store" Is what i get when I open iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.