Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app: How to delete album

Apple's iOS Music app: how do I delete an album?

iPad gen 4; iOS 8.1.3

bob

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:22 PM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2015 2:34 PM in response to Bob Savryk

You can swipe from right to left across the album in the albums tab in the Music app to enable the red delete button on the right. That will delete the album all at once.

You can also go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Edit, tap the Edit button to enable the red circle on the left. Tap that then tap delete. Tap Done when finished. Or you can swipe from right to left across the album in here as well.

Mar 6, 2015 9:00 PM in response to Demo

Demo-thanks for your input. However, the swipe method does not bring up the red delete button, like I see in Safari's reading list.

I tried swiping artists as well as albums and individual songs but no delete button.

Since you took me to Settings, I noticed that I could turn off the Show All Music slider - then the album I wanted to delete did not show within the Music app.

Then I realized that it is stored in iCloud. But it does not show up in the Storage list.

Here's the problem: I never selected nor purchased this particular album which I want to delete! How did it get into MY iCloud storage?

In any case, I still want to delete it from the Cloud.

Thanks,

bob

Music app: How to delete album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.