Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows installer not booting up after resizing the partition

Hello.

I am trying to reinstalling Windows 8.1. pro on my macbook with Yosemite.

When I initially installed Windows, it went fine, but Windows corrupted my booting process.

So I tried to fix it with gdisk command to create hybrid mbr, but I was not able to fix the problem.

So I deleted the Boot Camp partition using Boot Camp Assistant.

then I created a new Boot Camp partition through Boot Camp Assistant.

However, Windows installer did not boot up automatically nor manually(pressing option whilst booting) anymore.

I have booted up Windows installer using the same usb on pc, so I know that the usb containing Windows installer does work..

I am not sure how to boot the Windows installer.

Do I have to do clean install the OS X??

thank you for your help and time in advance.

Rin

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 4:59 PM

Was the USB created using BC Assistant? Is it a USB2 disk?

4 replies

Mar 7, 2015 5:22 AM in response to rin.hagemi

Is it possible to create the disk using BCA and a Windows ISO on the Mac, if your Mac supports it? If your Mac has a built-in Optical drive (or used to have one), you are going to run into issues.

Can you

1. Run Disk Utility Repair.

2. SMC Reset - Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

3. PRAM Reset - OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

You can also look at Bootcamp Windows 7 Install Problem.

windows installer not booting up after resizing the partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.