Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't edit bookmarks without them disappearing

When I go to "edit bookmarks" in Safari to create new folders to put links in, etc....if I try doing too many at a time it will have a pop up that says something like "safari bookmarks is syncing, wait until complete." But it will give me this warning after I've dragged a link to a folder so after the warning it deletes the link I was moving. It completely disappears. It didn't place it anywhere else it just flat out deleted it. This has also happened when dragging a folder full of links into another folder and the pop up message will occur. When I hit "ok" to acknowledge the message, it deleted the whole folder of links I was trying to move. Very frustrating. What is going on? This never useto happen and I don't know what is causing it. I'm sure it is somehow related to having all my safari bookmarkssync with iCloud across multiple devices butI don't understand why it deletes something if you try to move it during a sync. Where does it end up? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 8:24 AM

Try System Preferences/iCloud and un-check Safari sync. Test. If it allows you to do what you want, finish and then select sync again.

1 reply

Can't edit bookmarks without them disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.