Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage to 1 of my contacts unable to send/receive

Hello. I updated to the iPhone 6+ a few months ago. I had the iPhone 4 or 4s (can't remember). I have been unable to send or receive iMessages from a particular iPhone contact however all other iPhone contacts are able to send/receive messages to me. iMessage feature is turned on as I speak to other iMessage users on a regular basis. Why is this one particular contact unable to send/receive messages to me? And to think this whole time we were ignoring each other!

Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:18 PM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 5:38 PM in response to mulberry05

First, there are tons of reasons why this isn't working. First, you have to check if they have an iPhone, if their iMessage is setup and enable, if their service provider is eligible to integrate iMessages on their own devices. It might be that the apple id on their iCloud or iTunes is different from the apple id on iMessage. Please ask these questions and then get back to me. I will further assist you with the help you need.

Mar 6, 2015 6:10 PM in response to mulberry05

Okay ask her to close/delete the chat you had with her previously before you upgraded to 6 plus. And then initiate a new conversation. This should work. So what i mean is what ever previous conversation you guys had before, she has to delete it and then start up a new conversation, just like sending a new message to a new contact. I hope this helps.

iMessage to 1 of my contacts unable to send/receive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.