Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have just used air display with macbook pro. i have disconnected now from apple tv. but my laptop screen is still very small like its connected to the tv. this means all the tabs and writing is very small, how do i full disconnect my laptop?

i have just used air display with macbook pro. i have disconnected now from apple tv. but my laptop screen is still very small like its connected to the tv. this means all the tabs and writing is very small. like the display down the bottom where al the applications are, is n the middle of the page and not spread down the bottom. this is seriously annoying! all the writing is every small and the tabs are small and its hard to read. the air display link has disappeared from my computer. but the laptop screen is still very small. i want to know how do i get rid of this and return my macbook screen to its normal size. thank you

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:48 PM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2015 1:50 PM in response to chrispyw

Hello chrispyw,

If your content is still being displayed incorrectly, I would check the resolution setting for the built in display with this article:

OS X Yosemite: Adjust your display’s resolution

If it keeps happening whenever you use AirPlay then I would use this section of the following article to reset the display system:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

Reset the system

You can reset the Mac's parameter RAM and SMC.

Reset the resolution

Start by resetting the Mac's parameter RAM. If the display does not come up, was previously set to an unsupported resolution, and still results in no video:

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays from the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

i have just used air display with macbook pro. i have disconnected now from apple tv. but my laptop screen is still very small like its connected to the tv. this means all the tabs and writing is very small, how do i full disconnect my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.