Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error in Itunes need help been trying all day!

I'm getting error when I connect my ipod to computer and bring up iTunes error states

An Ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect iPod, then try again.

if the problem persists, uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 4 times... made sure my software for computer was up to date... switched usb iPod cords.. restarted computer followed a forum with same error happening to someone else.. i'm getting no where was working great yesterday purchased some new songs and now wont work any help would be great I have no idea what im doing!!

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:48 PM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2015 7:55 AM in response to dana1322

dana1322,

I had the same problem and found a different response elsewhere in help that worked for me. On Jan 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM "ifyoucouldpleasehelpme" asked this questions and got the following answer, which I tried and it solved the problem for me.

You need to remove a number of Apple programs, not just iTunes and then when you install ITunes again it will install all the up to date software you need.

a) Remove the following program in the following order:

1. ITunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. 5Apple Applications Support (I actually had 2 versions of this a 32 bit and a 64 bit - so I removed them both)

b) Then restart your computer (I have Windows 8 on a Dell)

c) Then install the latest version of iTunes (it installs all 5 of the programs above)

d) Restart you computer.

I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

Best of Luck

Greg

Getting error in Itunes need help been trying all day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.