Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro W/ Retina ISP problem

So recently, I have been having these strange problems with my Macbook pro where I will be on the internet and it will just freeze. I then run diagnostics and I see that ISP has failed and after continuing the diagnostics, ISP and the other 2 dots below will turn green and my internet will be fine. I know that It isn't a problem with my ISP because the internet works fine on my iPhone and iPad and my internet freezes happen even when I'm at school and on their network. I have everything up to date. Please help.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:39 PM

6 replies

Mar 7, 2015 10:32 AM in response to DJ_X

Some have had success by doing a SMC reset. Command?option/Shift/ and power button for 10 seconds and reboot. You could delete you wifi network and then reenter it. You would also want to delete the wifi in keychain access.When deleting the settings you would go to network in system preferences/airport/advanced/airport. Delete your preferred networks.Check remember networks this computer has joined. Go to DNS and delete any IP addresses other than your router.Close and go to utilities ,keychain access and delete the wifi in keychain. close and go to airport top menu and rejoin your network. Make sure you check the box to remember in keychain. I.m going to give you a link . But the only `fix that matters is the first one.http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/ Some times in network renewing DHCP lease helps. Network/advanced/TCP/IP

Mar 10, 2015 10:48 AM in response to my ginger

Thanks for the instructions. I went through this and It definitely lowered the frequency of the problem, it used to be every 5 mins, but occasionally, the problem still comes up and that is kind of how the problem started, very low frequency and rose to a high frequency. Is there something else to completely eliminate the problem or do I just need to do a SMC reset every once in a while?

Mar 10, 2015 12:00 PM in response to DJ_X

In network preferences/advanced/proxies. Do you have any proxies checked? you should not have anything in (select a protocol) checked, unless your internet provider requires it. If your internet provider provides your setting automatically though DHCP then make sure in proxies that passive FTP is checked. Sometime you can get slowdowns and non loading web pages due to volume on those sites.Refreshing the browser helps as does deleting history and cache files.

Mar 14, 2015 6:05 PM in response to my ginger

I currently have no proxies checks and passive FTP is checked. I have tried clearing out safari but that didn't help, like I said before, a random web page will just stop loading and when I go to system preferences> network> assist me> Diagnostics it says ISP has failed and when I continue through, always on the third page, all turn green and it says my connection seems to be working properly.

MacBook Pro W/ Retina ISP problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.