Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hyperlinks with Numbers

Having purchased a Macbook Pro on the advice of my son, I can only express my bitter disappointment with my experience to date. Help screens are helpless and only work online. It may come as a surprise that there are many occasions when you cannot get online and so help is not available.

Virtually every programme I have used to date is at best awkward and not easy to use. Wether this is because it is more intuitive than I is possibly the cause, but i doubt this. The programmes are just not very well written.

Take for example Numbers. I have spent over an hour trying to find out how to create a hyperlink from a cell to another spreadsheet - I frequently use this technique as it saves a huge amount of time looking up information. I have tried and failed. It would seem from the various chat rooms and forums that this simple script has not been added. Likewise the Formulas are so limited as to be almost worthless. Do Apple seriously expect users to write all their own scripts so that they can use Formulae?

I am on the point of going back to Microsoft, which despite all the problems, you can invariably find a workaround, but this does not seem to be the case with Apple.

Nice build quality, but a seriously disappointed new user.

Regards.

Nigel

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:52 PM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2015 1:19 PM in response to rennien

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Hyperlinks with Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.