Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 Locked up

I clicked on Up Date IOS yesterday ( 3-6-15)

while the iPad was on wifi at home

it started going through the process, & I walked away.

when I returned, The screen is stuck, Black screen, with the Apple logo & the progress bar-almost complete.

I have tried to do a hard reset, but it will not do anything ?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:35 PM

By 'tried to do hard reset' do you mean a soft-reset by pressing and holding the home and sleep buttons for 10 to 15 seconds ? If that doesn't get it to boot up then follow the instructions on this page and restore to your backup : If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 10:35 PM in response to Daddymike44

By 'tried to do hard reset' do you mean a soft-reset by pressing and holding the home and sleep buttons for 10 to 15 seconds ? If that doesn't get it to boot up then follow the instructions on this page and restore to your backup : If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 7, 2015 2:50 AM in response to Daddymike44

I had that happen once after a software update. It was an OS update on ipad 2. Just froze. research indicated to wait as it may be working, just going through the motions. After walking away and coming back about 2 hours later, it was still froze. I did a restart with the home and power button. All came back after the restart. Good luck before jumping to a complete reboot as stated above.

Mar 7, 2015 9:03 AM in response to jisake1

I didn't mention it before, BUT My 'Home' button does not work any more, it quit about 6 months after the initial warranty expired. The guy at the 'Tech Bar' at the Apple Store said I would have to basicly trade it in on a refurb unit, at the cost of $299. But He showed me a 'Work around' to the inop home button.

There is a virtual home button on the screen now.

That plays in to my current problem, with the 'screen' locked, I cant access the vitrual home button along with the power button to do the proper

'Reset'

iPad 2 Locked up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.