Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up two iPods to one PC

Hi!

I have a 4th Gen iPod Nano that was my first iPod.

I recently bought a newer classic 160GB iPod.

I have been using the same iTunes account for both iPods.

How an I create a back up which includes all tunes from both iPods?

After that I would then like to be able to load my older tunes on to my Classic 160GB unit................

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 3:37 AM

5 replies

Mar 8, 2015 4:17 PM in response to ozdoug58

Hello ozdoug58,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you'd like to back up or transfer the music that's on your iPod nano to your iTunes library, and then sync all of your music to the iPod classic.

If the songs are iTunes purchases, they can be transfered to your library, as mentioned in this support article:

iTunes: Transferring media from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod - Apple Support

Music purchased from the iTunes Store
Music imported from a CD or other source

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Mar 10, 2015 12:52 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks Jeremy,

I think the section on 'Back up your iTunes library' will go some way to help, although I do see the note, 'iTunes can't transfer this media back to your computer', so I'm expecting all my non-Apple songs to be a problem.

On another related issue, regarding tunes purchased from iTunes, once I started using my new iPod Classic, the tunes I had purchased while using my iPod Nano do not appear in my iTunes library. I have not changed my Apple ID (to the best of my knowledge!) only my iPod.

How can I recover them?

Mar 13, 2015 2:20 PM in response to ozdoug58

Hello ozdoug58,

Thank you for your reply.

If you do not see your iTunes Store purchases in your library, be sure to try the steps in the "Download previous purchases on Mac or PC" section of this article:

Download past purchases - Apple Support

If you are not able to view or download the older songs you're looking for, you may want to contact iTunes Store support for more assistance:

If you have a problem with an older purchase, contact iTunes Store support.

All the best,

Jeremy

Backing up two iPods to one PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.