Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I try to back up my iPad to the computer it gives me a message saying it can't sync and cannot back up because there is not enough room in the iTunes library. How can I fix this? I need to back up the iPad content so I can restore it to a new 1

when I try to back up my iPad to the computer it gives me a message saying it can't sync and there is not enough room in iTunes library. How can I fix this? I need to back up iPad content to restore on a new one

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 1:47 PM

juliefrombaton rouge wrote:

when I try to back up my iPad to the computer it gives me a message saying it can't sync and there is not enough room in iTunes library.

Pretty sure it doesn’t say there is not enough room in iTunes library because it is not backed up to the iTunes library.

What is the exact message?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2015 1:47 PM in response to juliefrombaton rouge

juliefrombaton rouge wrote:

when I try to back up my iPad to the computer it gives me a message saying it can't sync and there is not enough room in iTunes library.

Pretty sure it doesn’t say there is not enough room in iTunes library because it is not backed up to the iTunes library.

What is the exact message?

Jul 9, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Bluemoon14

User uploaded file

Above is the message I get when trying to sync. This is definitely thinking different about math. I need 149 Meg, but there is only 3320 Meg available?

What?

iPad is running 8.1.1, Mac is running 10.9.5

There are about 167 GB available in the computer HD, and according to iTuens, there is 10.58 GB Free on my iPad.

User uploaded file

So me thinks something else is wrong? Any ideas?

FYI: I am trying to update the iOS, but it says I need more space as well.

when I try to back up my iPad to the computer it gives me a message saying it can't sync and cannot back up because there is not enough room in the iTunes library. How can I fix this? I need to back up the iPad content so I can restore it to a new 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.