Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 plus is not working with yahoo mail today. I have deleted the account and reinstalled a few times

I realize that Yahoo was/is having some email issues, but my iMac seems to be getting mail just now. My iPhone 6 Plus is not getting any mail, and only displays 'updated yesterday'. I have re-installed the account numerous times and the problem still persists.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 10:26 AM

Well I finally figured out that I had to add the Yahoo account manually for some reason? First of all, it wasn't saving my password correctly. Everytime I corrected it, it would change itself back to the previous password on its own! Also, the Mail App that allows you to choose a Yahoo account isn't working like it used to? It used to work just fine, so I have NO idea what is causing that. I do have it working correctly now, like I said, by adding it manually with the settings Apple gave me.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2015 10:26 AM in response to ozarkbully

Well I finally figured out that I had to add the Yahoo account manually for some reason? First of all, it wasn't saving my password correctly. Everytime I corrected it, it would change itself back to the previous password on its own! Also, the Mail App that allows you to choose a Yahoo account isn't working like it used to? It used to work just fine, so I have NO idea what is causing that. I do have it working correctly now, like I said, by adding it manually with the settings Apple gave me.

Mar 9, 2015 9:20 PM in response to ozarkbully

I Had an idea after thinking about it at days end. I logged into Yahoo mobile site on the iPhone. Initially after logging in it said unable to connect, then emails loaded from Feb 27th. Then they updated to current. After which I used the regular Yahoo mail interface on the iPhone to successfully set up the account and everything synced properly and continues to work. I deleted the 'other' Yahoo mail. My guess is that Yahoo security protocols or a server glitch meant that Yahoo had to be reinitiated by logging in directly to Yahoo instead of via an app.

Aug 6, 2015 9:16 AM in response to ozarkbully

I dont know why iphone 6 plus yahoo mail is not working i keep signing in and it keep telling me my password is incorrect????? i dont know why its like that i sign in to my ipad and my laptop my password is correct. please fix it im tired logging in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whats is the use of this brick iphone 6 plus if i cant you use to email somebody??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? I hate yahoo mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone 6 plus is not working with yahoo mail today. I have deleted the account and reinstalled a few times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.