Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple emails re KYC

I Have received a number of emails lately purporting to be from Apple saying they will delete my iTunes and iCloud account. they say that under KYC legislation they require me to verify my account details by clicking on a link. I have deleted all of these emails as I have no way of knowing she they have come from!

Ha anyone else got these emails and are they legitimate? In the unlikely event they are legitimate then I really don't want to lose either iCloud or iTunes!

Thanks

General Apple emails

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 1:58 PM

I have received no such emails. I don't know what reasons Apple would for deleting your iTunes and iCloud accounts. ???

3 replies

Apr 17, 2015 4:44 AM in response to robfromjohannesburg

No need to check it out. Every message referred to above is spam - in fact 'phishing', designed to trick you into giving away your password and often your credit card details. Apple will not send you messages threatening to suspend your account.

All messages from Apple will address you by name, not 'Dear Customer' or similar.

All messages from Apple will come from the apple.com domain

Hovering over the link will show its true URL which will usually be a non-Apple domain,

You can report such messages by forwarding them as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

Apple emails re KYC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.