Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I merge two Aperture libraries?

I have several Aperture libraries and several iPhoto libraries. I understand I should agglomerate all of my digital photos into one Aperture or one iPhoto Library before I switch to the new iCloud Photo Library. Is there an easy way to merge these libraries?

Thank you

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 1:50 PM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2015 1:56 PM in response to ruffalo

You can merge your photo libraries by importing them into Aperture, see this link: Aperture 3.3: How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries - Apple Support

Aperture and iPhoto ae now using the same format for the libraries, so you can open them from both apps:

Aperture 3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture - Apple Support

Photos can use more than one library, but only one of the library can be the main library and stored in iCloud. SO you may want to create two libraries, one to be stored in iCLoud, and one for general usage, stored locally.

How can I merge two Aperture libraries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.