Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant get my iphone 4 data to transfer to my iphone 6

Cant transfer my iphone 4 data on iTunes to my iphone 6.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 9:06 PM

7 replies

Mar 8, 2015 8:36 AM in response to ChadCaz

What data are you attempting to get from the iPhone 4 into the iPhone 6?

Purchases from iTunes should be downloadable if you are using the same AppleID

on both iPhones.

Contacts, pictures, documents should be being synced with the appropriate programs

on your computer and initial setup of the iPhone should offer you the choice to get

that data to your iPhone 6. If you have no computer, have you set up iCloud on your

iPhone 4? If no, do so. If yes, log in using the same Apple ID on your iPhone 6 and

you should get the data.

Is there something else that you are not getting? Post more information and someone

will offer a solution.

Mar 26, 2015 2:34 AM in response to ChadCaz

Hi, 2 options are available:

Option 1. backup your iPhone 4 to iTunes or iCloud. And then set up your iPhone 6, as a new device, during the process, you can either connect it to itunes to restore it with the iPhone 4 backup file or restore iPhone 4 icloud backup file to it(on iPhone 6, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings > set up as a new device > restore from iCloud backup > choose iCloud backup file to restore). this way takes a long time for you to finish the whole process. If you want to make it quickly, try option 2.

Option 2. download mobiletrans on your computer. Connect with iPhone 4 and iPhone 6 with your computer via a USB cable. Check contacts and calender, click transfer to move them from iPhone 4 to iPhone 6.

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link

<Edited by Host>

Apr 7, 2015 6:10 AM in response to Negihiter

Negihiter wrote:

Hi, 2 options are available:

The above post is here solely to promote a paid product that merely duplicates free functionality in iTunes. It's quality is unknown, but probably not great, as the seller's primary marketing strategy is spamming the Apple Support Communities. If you click on the sender's name you will see that they just joined, for the purpose of posting spam.

Cant get my iphone 4 data to transfer to my iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.