Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule 802.11ac not accepting disk password

Using Windows 8.1.

Through Windows Explorer, I used to be able to access my TC with no problems as either a network drive or a network location. Now all of a sudden, I start seeing a message asking me to input my credentials. My disk password and Wi-FI password both do not work here. I've suddenly lost access to the disk, and haven't done anything to cause it. Tried resetting both passwords in Airport Utility but still getting the same message. Any suggestions?

User uploaded file

EDIT: Will resetting to factory settings erase the hard disk? I have about 400GB worth of files there that I cannot lose.

AirPort Time Capsule-OTHER, Windows 8, null

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 12:00 AM

Factory reset has no effect on the files.

More than likely windows has jammed up the firewall for no good reason.. it has a habit of doing that.

Make sure it is still set to home as location and turn off all the firewalls.. then ping the TC by ethernet.. no luck factory reset and start over.

2 replies

Time Capsule 802.11ac not accepting disk password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.