Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost wifi on Mac after installing windows

Hey guys,

SInce somewhere around the time of first upgrading to Yosemite, I've been having a problem of losing my wifi after installing Windows. i once again tried to install Windows, hoping that maybe after all the updates for Yosemite, this issue might be fixed. However, i found when booting into the fresh Windows install that I still could not connect. When I rebooted into my Mac partition, I could no longer connect there either. I've tried resetting the Nvram. I also tried resetting the smc, though I'm not sure if I did it right. I feel like it has to be something on the hardware level if it makes both Mac and Windows lose wifi. It can see the networks, but it's unable to connect to them. I once fixed this issue simply by deleting the Windows partition and, suddenly, the Mac side had access again, however, that didn't work this time. I would, thus, like to be able to get reconnected to the Internet on my Mac (I'm typing with my iPhone right now). If possible, I would also like to be able to boot camp windows once again, as there are various games I need it in order to play. My laptop is a 2012 MacBook Air. I'm trying to connect to my campus' wifi, which is WPA2 Enterprise. If you have any further question, let me know. Any advice would be great, as I'm desperate to get reconnected.

Thanks,

Brandon

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2015 10:10 PM

5 replies

Lost wifi on Mac after installing windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.