Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP r13 built in iSight Camera LED always on

Hi Folks,

I have a MBPr13 which I got in Aug 2013. It is running on ML 10.8.5.

I've had no problems with it until today.

When I powered up the MBP today, the iSight green LED suddenly lighted up, and it always on.

I've never used the iSight camera for any iChat, Photo Booth or Facetime before, so it was very surprising.

I've done the Diagnostics on the MBP, everything shows okay; I've also tried to do the SMC reset and nothing happened.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 12:04 AM

3 replies

Mar 8, 2015 7:56 AM in response to xiaopigu

If you have added no third-party software since your MBPr worked properly, and

if your problem continues after you have tried restarting Mac, and

if no other relevant suggestions(test more than one user - do NOT use "guest" user for this test - account)

from How to Troubleshoot iSight doesn't fix the problem, then

use the final "Troubleshooting" suggestion: "... contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service."

Unless you have a current backup of your Mac, make one before rendering it for service.

If you have not tried it already, it is possible, though I think unlikely, that Reinstalling OS X Mountain Lion might correct your problem. It will cost you nothing but some time to try.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.2

MBP r13 built in iSight Camera LED always on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.