Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPod 6th gen syncs but won't play

My nano 6th gen shows a blank screen. ITunes sees it and I can sync, but can't use it when disconnected. Reset/sleep/turn off-on doesn't help. Short of returning it, I don't know what I can do.

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 8:33 AM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2015 6:29 AM in response to agramante9a

Hi agramante9a,

The steps outlined below can help restore functionality to your iPod Nano's display.

• Connect iPod to power for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has enough charge to allow iPod to turn on.
  • If iPod does not turn on after ten minutes, try resetting the device while it is still connected to power. Reset the iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Down button for at least eight seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.
  • If the screen remains dark and will not turn on, then your iPod may need service.

iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting
https://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3474

All my best,

Allen

IPod 6th gen syncs but won't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.