Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick time Pro not seeing MTS video from Panasonic handheld

I just bought Quick Time Pro to cut and trim video from my Panasonic HD handheld camera video files. But I can not open or edit these MTS files in Quick Time Pro. I even tried converting the MTS video to MP4 files and it gives me an error trying to open in Quick Time Pro. I also tried converting the MTS file to an MOV file and I can open and play video file,but I can not trim edit and save file. Anybody have an recommendations?

HP, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 9:38 AM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2015 3:53 PM in response to customv

I just bought Quick Time Pro to cut and trim video from my Panasonic HD handheld camera video files. But I can not open or edit these MTS files in Quick Time Pro. I even tried converting the MTS video to MP4 files and it gives me an error trying to open in Quick Time Pro. I also tried converting the MTS file to an MOV file and I can open and play video file,but I can not trim edit and save file. Anybody have an recommendations?

QT 7 (player or keyed for "Pro" use) does not handle "transport stream" files. It only plays/edits "program stream" files. Use an app like HandBrake to convert your MTS files to MP4 (H.264/AAC) files which can then be edited by QT 7 Pro. MOV refers to the file container—not the compressed data contained within the file. If you cannot edit MOV files, then it is most likely that you did not compress the audio and/or video data to a format that is QT 7 compatible.

User uploaded file

Mar 8, 2015 6:46 PM in response to Jon Walker

Jon, thank you for your reply. I am Jon too. I am using a purchased full version of Movavi Video Converter to convert the MTS fils to MP4 (H.264/ACC) files. But when I try to open them in QT Pro I get an error reading "Error-2002 a bad public movie atom was found in the movie". I can play and edit the converted MP4 file in any other program,but QT Pro. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Quick time Pro not seeing MTS video from Panasonic handheld

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.