Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

starkey halo hearing aids

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have the ring tone from my iphone 5s is audible to my starkey halo hearing aids?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 3:09 AM

There is not.

55 replies

Mar 9, 2015 3:38 PM in response to ingofromwinnipeg

It's not a matter of improving the Bluetooth signal, but the amount of power a standard Bluetooth connection uses. Hearing aid batteries last - at the top end - about a week. They last that long because they are designed to use as little power as they can get away with. Given the behavior of other battery-powered Bluetooth devices I have used over the years (those had to be recharged after a full day of use), hearing aid batteries would only last a matter of hours if they didn't use low-power Bluetooth.

Mar 10, 2015 9:29 AM in response to OldGnome

Sorry, I'm back again, but I did some thinking about Bluetooth and lower power connection. It seems to me that all the streaming to the hearing aids for the phone and for music as well as internet radio which I use a lot, uses the same Bluetooth transmission and my batteries last pretty well 6 days. So, I feel that the ringtone for phone calls should work as well? I think it could be an oversight by Starkey since I can pair my iPhone to any Bluetooth devices including the hearing aids as mentioned above.

I just don't want to give up on this theory.

May 1, 2015 7:11 PM in response to ingofromwinnipeg

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but I’ll comment in hopes of helping sort some of this out.

Yes the Halos work via Bluetooth. The iPhone and Halo communicate via airplay.

With That being said, airplay has two channels. One for notification and another for everything else. So when your phone has a notification, say alarm, timer or phone ringing, it goes to channel one, the phone speakers. Everything else, goes to channel 2.

On standard Bluetooth devices such as car stereos or GPS, airplay is not used thus all sounds are transmitted.

HTH and good luck.

starkey halo hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.