Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tunes 12.1.1.4

Since I downloaded I Tunes version 12.1.1.4 I lost the communicatin between my Apple TV and I tunes on my Windows 7 on my PC

I can see on Apple TV only Apple products like music from Apple store and Movies that I bought in Apple store but nothing from my PC even it appears on my PC

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 1:37 PM

Hi, eyuv.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand your Apple TV and iTunes no longer communicate as they did prior to the update. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help resolve that issue.

If you're streaming content from a computer or iOS device using Airplay or Home Sharing, try these steps:

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

-Jason H.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2015 1:37 PM in response to eyuv

Hi, eyuv.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand your Apple TV and iTunes no longer communicate as they did prior to the update. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help resolve that issue.

If you're streaming content from a computer or iOS device using Airplay or Home Sharing, try these steps:

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

-Jason H.

Mar 10, 2015 10:48 PM in response to jason269

Dear Jason

Thank you but I tried everything.. Nothing helped.

I also opened ports TCP3689 and port UDP 5353 and the connection was perfect for ten seconds ! and disappeared again

There is a problem in 12.1.1.4 version and Apple ITunes last version and may be Microsoft windows 7 that Apple and Microsoft must solve soon.

Apple devices like Iphone or I pad and Air play works perfect and all Apple store purchases works perfect too through the Apple TV but not my own files of music movies and photos.

Mar 11, 2015 12:44 PM in response to jason269

Hi there.

Eyuv, did you solve the issue?

I have the same problem:

itunes 12.1.1.4

Windows 8

Old Linksis WRT54G router

Apple TV gen 3 via wifi

Computer wired through a switch to the router.

Nothing changes in my network before or after the itunes update.

Once the update was done I lost communication between my apple tv and itunes in both ways.

Airplay connection from my iphone and ipad to the apple tv works fine and of course it is using the same router.

Any extra help?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 11, 2015 9:54 PM in response to eyuv

Nothing from those articls solved the problem. The signal of the home network in AppleTV devices is perfect !!! and the only problem that exists is that I can see on my Apple TV only Apple store products. Nothing from my PC (Windows 7). Maybe the problem is something between windows 7 and I tunes ??

I tunes 12.1.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.