Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes suggested to upgrade iOS for my iPodtouch but couldn't upgrade and asks to restore the iPod. But it doesn't restore also and gives error (1). Pl help.

iTunes suggested to upgrade iOS for my iPodtouch but couldn't upgrade and asks to restore the iPod. But it doesn't restore also and gives error (1). Pl help.

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 7:59 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2015 8:10 AM in response to yoga9

ERROR (1)

- Place the iPod in DFU mode and then restore

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- Try on another computer

- Try another cable

- Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.