Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod won't stay on, even on the charger it keeps turning off

My I pod won't stay on. And on the charger it keeps turning on and off.

iPod nano, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 11:12 AM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2015 6:44 AM in response to tunaville kenman

Hi tunaville kenman,

To troubleshoot this issue where your iPod nano cannot charge properly, I'd like you to please follow the steps outlined below.

The Five Rs: Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall, Restore

Remember these five basic suggestions if you have an issue with iPod nano. Try these steps one at a time until the issue is resolved. If one of the following doesn't help, read on for solutions to specific issues.

Power

Follow these steps if your iPod a power-related issue.

Will not turn on or screen remains dark
  • Connect iPod to power for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has enough charge to allow iPod to turn on.
  • If iPod does not turn on after ten minutes, try resetting it while it is still connected to power. Reset the iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least six seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear.
  • If the Apple logo appears on the display, connect iPod to a computer and verify that it appears in iTunes and can play music. If iPod appears in iTunes and can play music, no further troubleshooting is needed.
  • If the screen remains dark and will not turn on, then your iPod may need service.

Issue not resolved

If the issue is still not resolved, please read this information on servicing your iPod.

iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Ipod won't stay on, even on the charger it keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.