Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will an apple Av/HDMI adapter allow me to watch Netflix through my iPad 2 on my HDTV ?

HHDMI ipad2 Netflix

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 9:54 AM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2015 9:30 AM in response to JimHdk

Are you sure you are talking about HDMI adapter to display from iphone4s/ipad 2 running IOS8 to HDTV for watching HBONOW or Netflix and not having issues, problem, Jim??

There are many people out there having this issue, many were trying to find the answer (and speculating on outrageous, wrong one)...remarkably, there is no official Apple answer here...until I met and talked with a techie guy (Danny) at Apple store in La Jolla...he helped to resolve my issue (by upgrading) and while his answers were correct (from Apple view), it's not totally correct (for the mass) that worthy a note here...

It's an intricate issue that involve DRM, HDCP, etc...that even Apple Support often sending people on the wrong track (checking their TV if it's HDCP-compliant so and so)...The short story? Yes, it's about HDCP-compliant...but it's all about Apple/IOS8/HDMI Adapter...since HBONOW (and presumably Netflix) work on my Windows/Chrome/USB2.0 adapter for HBONow purpose; yet, it doesn't work on A1422 Adapter (Apple latest for iphone4s/ipad 2).

The bottom line: when Apple released IOS8, it should have warned the older devices communities (anything before iphone5's new connection type) that their HDMI Adapter won't work as far as watching HBONow, Netflix is concerned...true, it still work for watch Youtube and many other...

Apple users have limited choice: should stay at IOS7 or upgrading their projecting devices (from HDMI Adapter to Apple TV for example)...but be warned, even with that upgrade, ipad 2 is okay but not iphone4S. In short, using iphone4S to watch Netflix/HBONOW on IOS8 with HDMI adapter is dead in the water, period.

I hope this will save other people significant time and effort in trouble-shooting their problems, issues. Certainly it should help you to eliminate all the non-sense from Apple Support and get down to the wire with their IOS8 upgrade issue.

Will an apple Av/HDMI adapter allow me to watch Netflix through my iPad 2 on my HDTV ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.