Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i recover the files from a wet iPod touch?

I accidentally dropped my moms iPod Touch (I think is was a 3rd generation) in the pool, I bought her a new one but it is not exactly the same because it doesn't have her music of pictures on there. Is it possible to recover the music and files?

Ipod Touch

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 9:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 9, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Sruiz09

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If the info in in a backup just restore the new iPod from a backup:

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

If iTunes sees the iPod then

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Otherwise a Data Recovery Company may be able to help

Mar 9, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Sruiz09

If the iPod was synced with iTunes then there should be a backup. Go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and see if the is a backup. If there is one then retore from vackup.

If iTunes sees the iPod then:

- Backup to iTunes

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

- The restore from backup

If iTunes does not see the iPod then your only hope is a data recovery company.

Can i recover the files from a wet iPod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.