Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows setup reports "No images available" when trying to install 8.1 w/ Bootcamp.

Trying to install 8.1 Pro on my iMac, running 10.10.2 Yosemite. Followed all the Bootcamp instructions, used a USB to boot the ISO image of Windows. Everything runs smoothly on the OS side, but when the system restarts I hit a strange error. After entering serial number, I'm taken to this screen.

User uploaded file

This is my first time trying bootcamp and my first time since XP trying to use windows, so any help is much appreciated!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 11:59 AM

11 replies

Dec 31, 2015 12:28 AM in response to cdtorres

Hi Everyone,

Been looking at this issue for a week now, but it looks like if you download the ISO on a Microsoft/Windows Product it will direct you to a different site, where you download the media creation tool.

However if you download it through OSX, then it looks like it gets you to download it via the browser.

So after getting it working it could be one of two things:

1. The file is named incorrectly (default file name for the Media creation tool is windows.iso). Whereas if you download it through the browser it will name it "WIN8.1_English_x64.iso).

2. If you download it via OSX, then it might download additional files required for it to run on OSX.

Not sure if this helps anyone. But seeing as there have been no useful solutions since September I think this might still be a problem, or people just aren't posting when they have fixed it.

The link I used on OSX was https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

Cheers!

Windows setup reports "No images available" when trying to install 8.1 w/ Bootcamp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.