Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 Update cellular reception worries.

Hi there guys,

My friend and I just updated our iPhone 6's to the new iOS 8.2 firmware only to find that our cellular reception which would normally be at least three bars in our current location is now none. Our phones seem not to be able to find our provider's network. Possible premature launch?

*Update*

Interestingly enough after rebooting our phones, cellular is now working correctly as it should. I'm going to post this thread anyways just to make people aware of this incase other people face issues and start panicking. 🙂

No biggie, just restart your device 😝

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 12:47 PM

9 replies

Mar 9, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Tenaciousdroid

Tenaciousdroid wrote:

Hi there guys,

My friend and I just updated our iPhone 6's to the new iOS 8.2 firmware only to find that our cellular reception which would normally be at least three bars in our current location is now none. Our phones seem not to be able to find our provider's network. Possible premature launch?

*Update*

Interestingly enough after rebooting our phones, cellular is now working correctly as it should. I'm going to post this thread anyways just to make people aware of this incase other people face issues and start panicking. 🙂

No biggie, just restart your device 😝

As a follow-up I have an iPhone 5S and there was no change in the cell bars after upgrading. Could just be an iPhone 6 issue?

Mar 10, 2015 9:12 AM in response to Tenaciousdroid

I have an iPhone 5 and do not have cell service now after upgrading to iOS 8.2. I have rebooted the phone a number of times but nothing works. Phone just says "Searching..." in the upper left corner. Under Settings > Cellular both Cellular Data and Enable LTE are on (I have turned those off and on as well). Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mar 10, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Tenaciousdroid

When you reboot make sure you reboot and not just restart. Restart being holding your power button until the slider appears then sliding it off then using the power button to turn it back on. A reboot is done by pressing and holding both buttons until the screen goes black then the apple symbol appears. If you continue to have issues contact Apple support ASAP as this could be 8.0.1 all over again

Mar 10, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Pjhays

That is the Reboot that should have reconnected you to your cellular service so if that is not the issue Apple will tell you to try "Reset Network Settings" Settings > General > Reset. You have to go in and enter all your passwords back in for Wifi networks and such but that would be the next step. I have chatted with Apple so many times and support the devices at work that i basically know what their troubleshooting steps are.

Mar 11, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Pjhays

Took my to both Verizon (they could not help) and to the Apple store. They were able to get it working at the store but had to wipe my iPhone (luckily I backup) and take it apart. In the end everything is put back together and working again. He said it was probably the volume of people downloading the update caused the glitch.

Mar 26, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Tenaciousdroid

Hello! I'm experiencing the same issue here in Costa Rica, I have no signal bars but shows my Carrier also the 3G is working fine but not able to use cellular connectivity, I have this issue with a iPhone 6 GSM + CDMA and an iPhone 5S, is there any carrier update availabe to my Country or other way to fix this? I already did all the steps you mention on both and tried on all the iOS from 8 to 8.2.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iOS 8.2 Update cellular reception worries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.