Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch band is too short for me

I've checked out size of band for Apple Watch and all of these model are too short for me. Even Classic Buckle that is the longest type of band in all family is still not fit. My wrist size is 230mm. Feel so sad...... 😟 Hope Apple will made longer band size in the next gen.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 12:44 PM

Since the Apple Watch forum has not been opened yet, maybe use the Apple - iPhone - Feedback to let Apple know about your wishes.

This is a user to user forum and Apple does not follow these discussions.

16 replies

Apr 27, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Chris Jesswein

The boat is going to be big!

Watch band is at least an inch too short. I got my watch on Friday. Stainless with Classic Buckle. I am wearing it, but it feels like I am a kid again and I put on my little brothers watch. I know that Apple would say that they had all the dimensions there online, but who would belive that they would make a watch with such a short band? I plopped down over 700 bucks for this, and this is very cheesy. Do I send it back?

Apr 27, 2015 9:11 AM in response to PlayaDelRey

PlayaDelRey wrote:

I know that Apple would say that they had all the dimensions there online, but who would belive that they would make a watch with such a short band?

I would have thought that everyone who read the specs would believe it.

You're within the return period. If you don't like it, send it back. You could probably also sell it for more than you paid for it.

Apr 27, 2015 9:51 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Let me try this again. (This is for a stainless 38).

I saw the specs on the band. I tried to use a tape measure to determine if it would fit, and I should have had help as that is hard to do alone. But is seemed alright, and I ordered the watch.

I am a watch junkie. I have never had a problem like this. You come to expect a certain "standard" when you buy a watch, and ALL of my watches have a longer

strap, and I guess (Shame on me) I assumed so would the Apple Watch.

The band fits, so to speak, but the part that is left after you pass it though the buckle, is not long enough, and the band keeper-loop thingey does not have enough band to keep it in place. Therefore you are constantly having to slide the loop back over it to keep it in place.

I could send it back, but you might imagine how I feel about that. I made sure I got mine on the 24th because I stayed up and ordered it right after midnight on the 10th. I really wanted the watch.

Apr 28, 2015 7:55 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Gee Meg, I dunno'...I guess it is kind of a "man" thing. You learn to trust in life that certain dimensions of certain things always remain logical. I think the term is "true to fit," or something like that. If you buy, say, an XL shirt, you come to expect the tail to be certain length. When you buy a size 12 shoe, you expect it to fit. A .22 caliber Winchester, unless called a "youth" model, is always about the same size...and on and on. Sure there are always variables, but in general day to day things are almost always correct.

A man's watch is not just a piece of jewelry, but an important part of your wardrobe and a tool you learn to depend on, and NO watch, in the history of the world has ever been sold with a strap that is at least an inch too short. I don't care what the charts said.

The band is out of gauge.

APPLE BLEW IT.

Apr 28, 2015 8:46 PM in response to PlayaDelRey

I suggest you try the Milanese or Black Leather Loop.

I ordered the Black Classic Buckle because the Apple site said it was the largest. That simply is not true. It fit but at the second to last hole it was not comfortable. I went into the store and tried them on and both the Milanese and Leather Loop fit comfortably with room to spare. I have asked for an exchange to the Milanese band and am just waiting for it to ship, apparently in June.

I just wish their site had more accurate information about sizes so I would not have ordered the "longest" when it was actually the third longest.

Apr 29, 2015 2:15 PM in response to PlayaDelRey

Well Gee PlayaDelRey, when Apple actually tells you the actual size ins read of using a simple L, XL, whatever, I hardly think you can complain they blew it.

"I don't care what the charts said" is the same as "I don;t care what the facts are" and as a wise person (maybe a man, I don;t know) once said, you can choose your opinions but you can't choose your facts.

Apr 29, 2015 2:29 PM in response to nick101

Nick,

Do you own a strap watch?

Well if you do, you will note that after you slide the tongue of the band through the buckle, and notch it up, you will have a generous

part of the tongue left over, to pass under the loop/keeper.

This is all I am trying to say.

I am on the third to the last notch, and it gives me a whopping 1 inch to tuck under the loop. If you were on the last notch, you would have a whopping 1/2 inch. A standard watch band leaves 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches to tuck under the loop. This way, the tongue stays IN the loop. With this band, it does NOT stay in the loop.............ergo, APPLE BLEW IT!

THE BAND IS OUT OF GUAGE!

To be able to have ANY tongue left on the strap, your wrist would have to bone skinny.

Apr 29, 2015 2:34 PM in response to PlayaDelRey

I own several strap watched - including an Apple Watch.

Apple published the actual dimensions on the website before ordering opened. Like Meg, I really don't understand why, if you order a watch with a star of a stated length, and the strap is that length, you're complaining of some kind of misrepresentation.

But, in the end, it doesn't matter whether I understand - you aren't happy and that's that.

You can:

- Return the watch for a refund

- Wait until Apple or someone provides a strap long enough to meet your needs

Either way, you can feed back to Apple at www.apple.com/feedback

There's no further help anyone here can give - this is user-to-users - none of us have special access to Apple or knowledge of how to fix this

Apple Watch band is too short for me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.